There is a common question going on today about What Chainsaw do Professional Loggers Use in 2024? Well, as the demand for wood increases each year, I need to stay up-to-date on the latest in chainsaw technology so that I can cut down trees quickly and efficiently. In this article, I’ll be discussing what chainsaw professional loggers use in 2024.
In recent years, the technology in best gas chainsaw has evolved rapidly. Many of the newest best gas chainsaw possess features that make them more efficient and safer to use than ever before.
These features include an anti-kickback system, a fuel injection system, increased power levels, and automatic chain tensioning. As a professional logger, it’s important for me to have access to the latest technological advances in order to maximize productivity and minimize risk.
The most popular gas chainsaws used by professional loggers in 2024 are Husqvarna’s 562XP and Stihl MS 880 Magnum. Both of these saws possess a high level of power, making them ideal for cutting down heavy woody materials such as oak or ash.
They also feature an anti-kickback system to help prevent kickbacks, which can easily cause serious injury. Additionally, both models come with a fuel injection system for improved fuel economy and consistent performance.
7 Best Chainsaws that Professional Loggers Use in 2024
1. Husqvarna 450 Rancher 2. WORX WG384 Cordless Chainsaw 3. DeWalt DCCS670X1 Chainsaw 4. Greenworks 40V 12″ Chainsaw 5. WORX WG322 20V Power Share 10″ Cordless Chainsaw 6. Husqvarna 120 Mark II 14 in. Gas Chainsaws 7. Makita XCU06Z 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Brushless Cordless 10″ Top Handle Chain Saw
Professional loggers in 2024 are increasingly turning to advanced gas chainsaws for their logging needs. These powerful saws offer distinct advantages such as long runtimes, precision cutting power, and increased safety features. They are tailored to the needs of professional loggers and provide excellent results in any environment.
These right chainsaws are designed for maximum performance, rugged durability, and efficient operation. These are the top 7 Best chainsaws that professional loggers use in 2024.
1. Husqvarna 450 Rancher – Top Chainsaw That Professional Loggers Use in 2024
|27″L x 13″W x 9.5″H
The Husqvarna 450 Rancher is the perfect tool for tackling tough cutting jobs. Its 50cc X-TORQ engine helps reduce emissions by up to 60%, while its air injection technology and centrifugal air cleaning system help improve engine life.
Low Vibration technology further reduces vibrations, so you can work more comfortably, and the X-Cut chain is ready to supercharge your cutting work with a sharpness that lasts longer before needing to be sharpened.
The Husqvarna 450 Rancher also includes best-in-class starting performance, thanks to features like Smart Start technology and air purge for hassle-free startups.
Additionally, its three-piece crankshaft delivers maximum durability even for the toughest of jobs, while its inertia-activated chain brake reduces the likelihood of injury due to kickback.
With all these features, no wonder the Husqvarna 450 Rancher is the perfect tool for tackling tough jobs.
- Powerful and efficient 18-inch bar and chain.
- Easy to start the engine with Smart Start® technology.
- Versatile saw for different types of cutting tasks.
- An Easily adjustable oil pump chainsaw chain helps maintain the correct lubrication.
- Not suitable for large tree felling jobs due to its smaller bar size.
- Expensive compared to other chainsaw chain in the same class.
- Can be noisy when running.
2. WORX WG384 Cordless Chainsaw – Runner-Up Option for Professional Loggers in 2024
|31″L x 9″W x 9.75″H
The WORX WG384 Cordless Chainsaw is an ideal choice for cutting logs and branches in your yard. A powerful dynamic brushless motor allows you to tackle any job with efficient, long-lasting power and performance. T
The quick stop chain brake helps prevent accidental cutting making sure you’re always in control of this fast and powerful chain saw.
The tool-free chain saw tightening and automated chain lubrication system allows you to maintain optimum torque and tension for each job while extending the life of your tool, blade, and chain. This saw is powered by two 20V PowerShare batteries giving you up to 40V of engine power for larger jobs.
The battery level indicator lets you know how much charge is left so you can keep an eye on how many logs you can chop up before recharging.
The package includes 2x20V 14” Chainsaw, Chain, (2) 20V 2.0Ah Batteries, Chain Bar, Blade Protection Cover and a 20V Dual Charger for your convenience.
With the WORX WG384 Cordless Chainsaw, you’ll have the power to tackle any and all circular saw outdoor projects with ease.
- The WORX WG384 battery chainsaw is lightweight and highly portable.
- The battery of the WORX WG384 charges in just 1 hour.
- The auto-tension battery chainsaw ensures power tool that the chain is always at the right tension.
- The cordless chainsaw operates at considerably lower noise levels.
- The ergonomic design power tool of the engine size WORX WG384 makes it comfortable.
- The battery only lasts for approximately 20 minutes, which can be a downside.
- The cordless chainsaw is somewhat underpowered.
- The price of the WORX WG384 is relatively high compared to others.
3. DeWalt DCCS670X1 Chainsaw – Best Logging Chainsaw for the Money 2024
|35″L x 10″W x 10″H
The DeWalt DCCS670X1 Electric Chainsaw is the best logging chainsaw for money in 2024. It features a low-kickback 16 In. Oregon bar and husqvarna chainsaw that’s perfect for construction and outdoor cutting applications.
The tool-free chain tensioning and bar tightening knob allow you to properly clamp down on the bar with ease. The auto-oiling feature ensures lawn mower continuous lubrication, and the quarter-turn oil cap makes for quick refills.
Additionally, the chain brake offers added kickback protection. This reliable gas powered chainsaw can make up to 70 cuts per charge on a 6 In. x 6 In. pressure-treated lawn mower pine wood– making it an excellent choice for logging projects large and small!
With its powerful motor, comfortable handle, and wide range of features, the DeWalt safety feature DCCS670X1 Rancher Chainsaw is sure to make any logging job a breeze.
Rancher chainsaw Whether you need to quickly cut down large trees or just want to trim some branches in your backyard, this gas powered chainsaw will get the job done safety feature right.
- Lightweight and compact design for home depot extended use and easy maneuverability.
- 40V Max Lithium Ion battery air filter provides power to last all day without any interruption.
- Low noise operation for a bar length quiet work environment.
- 16″ Oregon bar and chain provide superior cutting performance.
- Brushless motor provides maximum power and efficiency with extended stihl msa motor bar length life.
- Expensive compared to other electric chainsaws with similar performance.
- Battery is not compatible with any other DeWalt tools.
- Not suitable for larger cutting jobs due to its small size.
- Chain tensioners can be difficult to stihl msa adjust without the use of a specific tool.
4. Greenworks 40V 12″ Chainsaw – Best for Eco-Friendly Battery Power
For a great chainsaw option as a DIYer or homeowner, look no further than the Greenworks 40V 12″ Chainsaw. This cordless electric chainsaw boasts up to 40V of power and a 12-inch bar and chain, making quick work of sawing through branches, logs, and other wood materials.
Plus, with features like an automatic oiler for optimal use and durability and toolless tensioning for easy bar and chain maintenance, this saw is both efficient and effective. And, with electric start technology, there’s no need for gas or fumes, carburetors, spark plugs, or starter ropes.
Keep in mind that the Greenworks 40V 12″ Chainsaw can be pretty loud when in use. However, if you’re looking for a powerful chainsaw that can handle tougher materials, this model is a great choice.
- The maximum performance with 40V of power.
- The 12-inch bar and chain of this chainsaw effortlessly saw through branches, logs, and other wood materials.
- With its automatic oiler, you can be sure of optimal use and durability.
- This saw’s tool-less tensioning feature allows for easy maintenance of the bar and chain.
- It also has an electric start feature that eliminates the need for gas or fumes, carburetor, spark plug, or starter rope.
- Requires additional chain oil
- Loud operation
- Limited battery life
5. WORX WG322 20V Power Share 10″ Cordless Chainsaw – Best for Small Jobs Ease
|25″L x 7.5″W x 9.5″H
WORX WG322 20V Power Share 10″ Cordless Chainsaw was a pleasant surprise. Its brushless motor and auto-chain tension system make for fast, clean cuts while providing easy maintenance. This cordless chainsaw is as powerful and speedy as any in its class and runs on the same battery that powers over 75 plus 20V, 40V, and 80V lifestyle, garden, and power tools in the Power Share family.
With an ergonomic design, users can expect comfortable operation without sacrificing maximum power and performance.
Plus, with the included 4AH battery, this chainsaw can provide up to 150 cuts on a single charge. The only downside is that the chainsaw is only 10″, making it unsuitable for larger jobs.
6. Husqvarna 120 Mark II 14 in. Gas Chainsaws – Best for Gas-Powered Reliability
Husqvarna chainsaw 120 Mark II 14 in. Gas Chainsaw is a lightweight and efficient cutting tool that is built for homeowners. The chainsaw features a 38.2cc 2-cycle gas-powered engine with an all-round X-TORQ feature that delivers superior performance while increasing fuel efficiency. The engine also produces low emissions, making it an environmentally friendly option.
The chainsaw weighs 13 lbs. and is equipped with a chain brake and a 2-year warranty. It has a low kickback cutting equipment for increased safety and is ideal for tasks such as tree pruning, firewood cutting, and hobby work.
The saw also includes an automatic oiler to ensure optimal use and durability, as well as tool-less tensioning for easy bar and chain maintenance.
The Husqvarna chainsaw 120 Mark II 14 in. Gas Chainsaw is available on several online platforms, including Amazon, Lowe’s, and Tractor Supply Company.
- The Husqvarna 120 Mark II features a powerful X-Torq engine that reduces exhaust emissions and fuel consumption while providing increased power.
- Its ergonomic design provides excellent balance and comfort, reducing fatigue during long periods of use.
- The chainsaw has a low-vibration system that improves user comfort.
- The side-mounted chain tensioner allows for easy maintenance.
- The auto-return stop switch resets to the ON position, making starts hassle-free.
- Some users have reported problems with the chainsaw right out of the box, requiring maintenance or repair before use.
- This chainsaw is heavier than some other models on the market, which can make it difficult to use for small or light jobs.
- It may require additional chain oil that is not included in the package.
- Some customers have found the chainsaw to be quite loud when in use.
7. Makita XCU06Z 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Brushless Cordless 10″ Top Handle Chain Saw – Best for Top Handle Control
|12″L x 12″W x 12″H
Makita XCU06Z 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion Brushless Cordless 10″ Top Handle Chain Saw is a top-of-the-line cordless chainsaw that offers both power and reliability. Its compact top handle design makes it perfect for pruning, trimming, and limbing tasks. The Makita-built Outer Rotor BL Brushless Motor direct-drive system is an impressive feature providing power equivalent to a 22cc gas chainsaw.
With the 18V LXT 5.0Ah battery (sold separately), this chainsaw can deliver up to 175 cuts in 2×2 cedar. The captured bar nuts and lateral chain tensioning make for easy operation and maintenance. Moreover, the torque boost mode helps cut through dense material with ease.
The only downside is that it may be heavier than some other cordless models, but this is a small price to pay for the extra power and reliability that comes with it. Overall, the Makita XCU06Z 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Brushless Cordless 10″ Top Handle Chain Saw is an excellent choice for those looking for a robust and reliable cordless chainsaw.
- The compact top handle design makes this chainsaw ideal for pruning, trimming, and limbing tasks.
- The Makita-built Outer Rotor BL Brushless Motor direct-drive system provides power equivalent to a 22cc gas chainsaw.
- With the 18V LXT 5.0Ah battery (sold separately), this chainsaw can deliver up to 175 cuts in 2×2 cedar.
- The captured bar nuts and lateral chain tensioning make for easy operation and maintenance.
- The torque boost mode helps cut through dense material with ease.
- The cordless design allows for greater flexibility and mobility compared to traditional gas or electric chainsaws.
- The chainsaw may be heavier than some other cordless models, which can make it less comfortable to use for extended periods.
- Some customers have reported issues with the chainsaw’s oiling system, requiring additional maintenance or repairs.
- The battery is not included in the package, adding an additional cost to the purchase.
- The 10″ bar length may not be suitable for larger jobs.
Characteristics of an Ideal Chainsaw that Professional Loggers Use in 2024
In 2024, professional loggers will use electric chainsaws with a variety of features that make them ideal for the job. These include high cutting power and torque, lightweight construction, anti-vibration technology, low noise levels, long-lasting battery life, and ergonomic design for comfortable use.
Balance is Key
The ideal electric chainsaw for professional loggers in 2024 should have a balanced design that allows the user to maintain control and stability during use. Having a good balance will also help reduce fatigue during long periods of work. The perfect stihl chainsaw bar should provide optimal weight distribution between the front handle, rear handle, and bar.
The ideal chainsaw bar in 2024 should have a powerful engine that can produce reliable power. This will ensure that the user is able to cut through thick trees with minimal effort and time. A strong motor will also make it easier to maneuver around difficult terrain while working.
Top Handle Design
An ergonomic design is important for any stihl chainsaw used by professional loggers in 2024. An ideal saw should have a top handle design that ensures the user’s comfort and stability while cutting. It should also provide enough room for two hands to be used, allowing the user to work faster and more efficiently.
Look Out For Professional Chainsaw with a Warranty
When looking for the perfect professional chainsaw in 2024, it is important to look for chain oil with a warranty. This will ensure that the user is covered in case of any defects or malfunctions. The warranty should cover both parts and labor, giving the user peace of mind when using their saw chain.
It is also important to consider other characteristics such as ease of use, fuel efficiency, anti-vibration technology, and safety features when looking for the ideal chain oiling 2024. These features will all help to ensure that the user is able to work efficiently and safely while using their saw chain. Additionally, noise reduction technology should also be taken into account as this can prevent hearing damage during extended periods of use.
Are any of the 14-inch chainsaws on the list suitable for professional logging use?
When considering the best 14-inch chainsaws for 2024, it is essential to determine their suitability for professional logging use. However, without evaluating the specific chainsaws on the list, it is difficult to conclude whether any would be suitable for professional logging. Expert assessments and specifications can help determine the ideal chainsaw for such purposes.
In 2024 professional loggers will likely use some combination of chainsaw models that have the latest technology and features to make cutting more accessible and more efficient. Chainsaws with advanced anti-vibration systems, longer bar lengths, higher power outputs, improved ergonomics, and decreased weight are all areas where modern saws are improving.
Ultimately, choosing the right chainsaw will depend on the type of logging work being done and the preferences of each individual logger. There is no one-size-fits-all solution to what the best saw for professional loggers might be in 2024.
However, with advancements in technology and innovation, professionals can rest assured that they should have plenty of options when it comes to selecting the perfect saw for their needs.
Q: What Chainsaw do Professional Loggers Use in 2024?
A: Professional loggers typically use chainsaws that have a higher engine displacement, such as 50-90 cc chainsaws. These usually include features such as anti-vibration technology to reduce muscle fatigue, automatic chain tensioners for easy maintenance, and tool-less air filters for easier cleaning.
Q: What Safety Features are Important for Chainsaws Used by Professional Loggers?
A: Professional loggers should use chainsaws equipped with an automatic chain brake, which stops the chain if it comes in contact with a person’s body or clothing. It is also important to choose a chainsaw with low-kickback technology to reduce the risk of injury.
Q: How can Professional Loggers Maintain their Chainsaws?
A: Professional loggers should always follow the manufacturer’s instructions for routine maintenance and safety checks on their chainsaw equipment. It is also important to keep the saw sharpened and lubricated, as well as inspect all parts for wear or damage before each use.
Q: What Accessories are Necessary when Operating a Chainsaw?
A: Professional loggers should always wear proper protective gear, such as goggles, ear protection, gloves, and safety chaps when operating a chainsaw. Additionally, it is important to use the correct fuel for the particular saw being used.
Q: What Steps Should be Taken if a Chainsaw Stops Working?
A: If a chainsaw stops working, professional loggers should immediately disconnect the equipment from power and remove any debris or material that may be blocking the blade. After this is done, it is important to inspect all parts for damage before attempting to
Michael Boyle is the founder and main author of Chainsaws Finder, boasting over 20 years of experience in the chainsaw industry. Hailing from Texas, Michael combines his extensive knowledge and hands-on expertise to provide reliable advice and top-notch service. His vision is to empower chainsaw users to tackle any project with confidence, making Chainsaws Finder a trusted resource in the field.