Are you looking for a reliable, affordable, robust, dependable chainsaw? I suppose you’re in the right spot. In our buying guide, I’ve analyzed and tested the best chainsaws that will cost under $100 in 2024.
Don’t be deceived by the low cost of these cost-effective options; they chain oil deliver and finish the job. We have the tools you need, whether working on gardening chores or needing chain oil a reliable tool for your carpentry projects. So let’s learn more about the best chainsaws available at reasonable prices.
8 Best Chainsaw Under $100 Tested for 2024 – Affordable Picks
Affordable doesn’t have to mean sacrificing performance and quality while looking stihl ms for the finest chainsaw under $100. So let’s learn about the top chainsaws under $100 for 2024.
1. Oregon CS1500—Overall the “Best Chainsaw Under 100” in 2024
|37.5″L x 18″W x 10.5″H
I recently purchased the Oregon CS1500 electric chainsaw, and it has quickly become my go-to tool for all of my woodworking projects. From pruning branches to cutting firewood, I have found that this saw is powerful enough for any task that I have thrown at it.
The PowerSharp technology integrated into the CS1500 is impressive. I can sharpen my chain in 3-5 seconds, without having to take off the bar and use a file. This feature alone has saved me time and money, as I no longer have to worry about buying replacement chains or sharpening stones.
The ergonomic design of this saw is also great. It comes with a Chain Brake for added safety, and the lightweight design makes it easy to maneuver. The tensioning process is also quick and easy—I can adjust my chain in seconds, so I’m always working with the perfect tension.
The CS1500 has additional features that make it an ideal tool for any job. It comes pre-assembled, so I don’t have to waste time trying to put the saw together. It also comes with an automatic oiling system, which ensures that my chain is always properly lubricated and running smoothly. Finally, the low noise production of this saw makes it much more enjoyable to use than a traditional gasoline chainsaw.
One major drawback of the Oregon CS1500 is that it has a relatively low maximum motor speed, making it less suitable for heavy-duty jobs. This is especially true when compared to more expensive models of chainsaws that feature higher RPMs.
- At just 11.6 lbs, the Oregon CS1500 is easy to use and carry.
- Its 15 amp motor offers a variety of cutting options from pruning to trimming branches.
- The Oregon CS1500 features a powerful 15amp motor for fast, clean cuts.
- The Oregon CS1500 includes a chain brake for increased safety.
- This chainsaw is affordable and offers great value for the money.
- Some users have reported that the CS1500 can be noisy when in operation.
- Like any tool, regular maintenance is required to keep it in optimal condition.
- For cordless convenience, the Oregon CS1500 requires a battery and the battery life may be limited depending on usage.
2. Sun Joe SWJ599E Chainsaw—Best Budget Chainsaw Under $100
|18″L x 9.5″W x 8″H
I recently got the Sun Joe SWJ599E Chainsaw, and it has been the best budget chainsaw under $100 I’ve ever used. With its 8-amp motor, this chainsaw cuts through branches and limbs with ease.
It also features a safety switch to protect against accidental starts and an auto-oiler that automates lubrication for the bar and chain, making it easy to keep up with regular maintenance.
I’m so glad I made this purchase; not only is it an extremely budget-friendly option, but Snow Joe + Sun Joe also provides a two-year warranty on all powered products with no questions asked! Plus, their customer service team is always available to answer any of my questions.
Overall, I’m very pleased with the Sun Joe SWJ599E Chainsaw and would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a versatile and reliable chainsaw for under $100.
The Sun Joe SWJ599E Chainsaw is a great budget pick, but it does have a few drawbacks. First, it has a relatively short bar length of 8 inches, which can limit its usefulness for larger jobs. Additionally, the chain drive speed and power are not as strong as other chainsaws in this price range, so it may struggle with tougher jobs.
- Lightweight and compact design for easy portability
- Powerful 8 Amp motor that can handle branches up to 10 inches thick
- Ergonomic front and rear handles for comfortable handling
- Easy maintenance with tool-less chain tensioning system
- Comes with additional safety features like kickback brake and a built-in safety switch
- Not suitable for professional use as it has a limited power output
- Does not come with an automatic oiler system, which requires manual oiling of the blade every few uses
- The chain tensioning system can be difficult to adjust for some users
3. WEN 4017 Electric Chainsaw—Best Cheap Chainsaw Under $100
|Corded Electric, Gasoline-powered
|19.7″L x 7.9″W x 10.63″H
As a homeowner, I understand the importance of having a reliable chainsaw to handle all types of tasks around my home. After some research, I decided that the WEN 4017 Electric Chainsaw was what best suited my needs.
This economical saw packs quite a punch for its price tag of under $100. A 12A motor rotates the chain at up to 44 feet per second, quickly and efficiently cutting through branches. The lightweight design limits fatigue on the user, so I can work longer without having to take breaks.
The auto-oiling system lubricates itself throughout use, which helps extend the life of the saw and keeps it running in peak condition for longer periods of time. If needed, the tool-free chain changes make for easy and fast replacement of parts. Best of all, this electric chainsaw requires no gasoline for emission-free operation.
These features have been extremely useful in my yard work. It is nice to know that I can rely on a quality saw at an affordable price.
One major drawback of the WEN 4017 Electric Chainsaw is that it is limited to cutting softwoods and other small branches. It has a 14-inch blade, which means that you won’t be able to tackle larger tasks like felling trees or cutting through thicker hardwoods.
- Quick start feature that allows the user to quickly and easily get the chainsaw started up and running.
- Features an automatic oiler that supplies oil to the chain as needed, ensuring your electric chainsaw is well lubricated..
- Great value for money, with the WEN 4017 electric chainsaw coming in at under $100, it’s an affordable option.
- Lightweight and easy to use design makes it suitable for a variety of tasks.
- The safety features included help to protect the user from any accidental injury or harm.
- Not suitable for heavy-duty tasks like cutting thick branches or logs.
- Limited power and torque that means it may struggle to cut through tougher materials.
- The chainsaw can be somewhat noisy, making it unsuitable for use in noise sensitive areas.
4. Saker Mini Chainsaw—Best Mini Chainsaw Under $100
|4.7″L x 13.8″W x 7.4″H
Saker mini chainsaw is not limited to home use, but can also be used for construction sites, farms, gardens and other places. It is suitable for cutting branches, saplings etc., with high efficiency and power saving. In addition, the sound during use is relatively low, which will not cause too much noise pollution. It is very suitable for family and temporary work.
The mini electric chainsaw is equipped with a non-slip handle, which is comfortable to use. It can be used with one hand, and it is not easy to get tired after long-term use. Even the elderly can easily control it. The durable construction make this tool fast and easy for small projects around the home or yard.
Mini electric chainsaw can help you finish your task faster. It is about 50% faster than traditional manual saws, which saves you a lot of work time and energy. It will be especially helpful when cutting large sections of wood or branches that require more power and speed. The chain runs in a smooth motion, providing consistent results with each cut. Plus, it’s lightweight and easy to maneuver.
This mini electric chainsaw is designed with safety in mind, as its automatic chain lubrication system prevents the blade from overheating during use and reduces friction for smoother cutting. The safety switch ensures that the saw will not start
The Saker Mini Chainsaw comes with a few drawbacks that may be important for prospective buyers to consider. One of the primary drawbacks is its lack of safety features, such as an automatic chain brake or chain guard. Without these features, it may be difficult for inexperienced users to safely operate the chainsaw and the risk of injury is increased.
- Compact and lightweight design makes it easy to handle
- Powerful motor allows for quick, efficient cutting of logs up to 8 inches in diameter
- Includes a chain brake safety feature for added protection
- Automatic oiler helps keep the chain lubricated while cutting
- Included carrying case helps protect the chainsaw during transport
- Not suitable for large cutting jobs due to its small size and limited power
- The chain can easily become dull after extensive use
- May require frequent oil changes depending on usage
5. New Huing Cordless Chainsaw—Best Battery Chainsaw Under $100
I recently purchased the New Huing Cordless Chainsaw, and it has completely changed my experience with using a chainsaw. It is truly a revolutionary product because of its powerful yet lightweight design.
The battery lasts for quite a long time despite being just 21V, and I’m able to cut through logs up to 3″ in diameter in as little as 4 seconds. The handle is also comfortable to hold which makes it easy for women like me to use the chainsaw without getting too tired.
What I love most about this product though, is its upgraded copper wire high-efficiency motor that provides more torque and power than any other battery chainsaw I’ve used before. Not only does this improve the run-time of the chainsaw, but it also extends its life-time due to less wear and tear. Additionally, it has two high wear-resistant chains that are made with a deep quenching process for smoother cutting experience.
One of the major drawbacks to this chainsaw is that it has a relatively short battery life. It can only operate for about twenty minutes before needing to be recharged, which may not be enough time to complete larger jobs. Additionally, the battery and charger are sold separately, making it more expensive than some other cordless chainsaws on the market.
- Lightweight and easy to carry around.
- Battery operated, eliminating the need for mixing or refilling gasoline.
- Does not produce any hazardous fumes or emissions when used.
- Has an ergonomic design with comfortable handle for easy operation.
- Comes with a two year warranty.
- The chain needs to be sharpened frequently in order to maintain its effectiveness.
- It is relatively noisy when operating.
- It can be difficult to find replacement parts if needed.
6. CRAFTSMAN Electric Chainsaw—Best Craftsman Chainsaw Under $100
|18.63″L x 11.94″W x 8.37″H
I recently purchased the CRAFTSMAN Electric Chainsaw to help with my woodcutting projects, and I can honestly say that it has been a great investment. This corded electric chainsaw comes equipped with a powerful 12-Amp motor, making it capable of tackling tough cuts like logs and thick branches without bogging down.
The 16-inch low kickback bar and chain provide added security for safe operation, while the built-in oil window and auto-oiling feature makes maintenance a breeze. And, with its tool-free chain tensioning system, you’ll always have an ideal cutting performance when adjusting the chain.
This electric chainsaw is also backed by a 3 Year Limited Warranty to ensure your satisfaction. And for only $100, I couldn’t say “no” to this amazing value-for-money purchase.
If you’re looking for a reliable and affordable chainsaw that can help with various types of woodcutting projects, then you should check out the CRAFTSMAN Electric Chainsaw! It’s truly one of the best deals out there.
Despite being one of the best chainsaws under $100, the CRAFTSMAN Electric Chainsaw has a few drawbacks. The main issue is its limited power compared to other models which can be more than twice as powerful. Additionally, it does not have automatic chain lubrication or an oil reservoir, both of which are essential for keeping your chainsaw in good condition
- Easy to use and assemble
- Lightweight design makes it easy to handle and maneuver
- Tool-free tension adjustment system for a hassle-free chain tightening experience
- Built with an automatic oiling system to keep the bar lubricated while operating
- High performance motor provides maximum cutting power
- Comes with a carrying case for easy portability and storage
- Limited to light woodworking tasks due to its low power output
- May require frequent oil refills if used extensively
- Not as durable as gasoline powered models
7. Greenworks Corded Electric Chainsaw—Best $100 Chainsaw for Homeowners
|33.75″L x 10″W x 7.75″H
As a homeowner, it can be intimidating to find the perfect chainsaw that meets all your needs. That’s why I was so thrilled when I discovered the Greenworks Corded Electric Chainsaw. Not only is this chainsaw one of the best around for $100, but its 10.5 amp electric motor starts within seconds for ease of use and reliable power.
The 14-inch bar makes even the most daunting cleanup jobs a breeze, and with its tool-less chain tensioning, you can make quick adjustments without having to spend time trying to fiddle around with your chainsaw. It also has a wrap-around handle that provides user comfort while clearing debris, and a translucent oil tank for seeing your oil level at a glance. And with the auto-oiler, you get adequate lubrication without having to do any extra work!
All this plus the fact that it’s a corded electric model makes it an ideal choice for anyone looking to find the perfect chainsaw for home use.
Despite being an excellent option for the budget-minded homeowner who needs a reliable and powerful electric chainsaw, there are some drawbacks to the Greenworks electric saw. First of all, it is corded, meaning you will need access to a power outlet or extension cord in order to use it. Additionally, the smaller bar size may limit its applicability f0r larger applications
- Very affordable, at less than $100.
- Lightweight and easy to maneuver.
- Low noise level compared to gasoline powered models.
- Less maintenance required compared to gas chainsaws.
- Environmentally friendly with no emissions or fumes.
- Requires access to an electrical outlet.
- Limited range compared to gas models.
- Must be unplugged when not in use, as there is no battery option.
8. WORX WG303.1—Best Electric Chainsaw Under $100
|31″L x 10″W x 7″H
If you need a chainsaw that is durable, powerful, and reliable, then the WORX WG303.1 Electric Chainsaw is your perfect choice. This saw has everything you need to get the job done right. It comes with a patented automatic tensioning system that prevents over-tightening and increases the motor’s life expectancy, an oil level indicator so you know when to refill the oil, and a chain brake that prevents accidental cutting.
The ergonomic full-wrap handle gives you leverage for both vertical and horizontal cutting, while the rubberized rear handle provides superb control of the saw. Plus, it includes a metal spike bumper that grips the wood and prevents kickback.
So whether you need to trim a few branches or tackle a large tree, the WORX WG303.1 Electric Chainsaw can do it all! With its advanced features and excellent power, you’ll be able to finish any job quickly and efficiently. Get your chainsaw today and take on any project with confidence!
For added security, the WORX WG303.1 Electric Chainsaw also has a bar and chain sheath for your safety. This helps protect the saw from dust, dirt, and other debris while not in use. You can also keep an extra chain on hand so you never have to worry about running out when you need it most.
One of the drawbacks of WORX WG303.1—Best Electric Chainsaw Under $100 is its limited range. While it is powerful enough to handle many of your wood cutting needs, it has a maximum reach of 18 inches, meaning that larger logs may not be able to be cut with this saw.
- Lightweight and well-balanced design
- Tool-less chain tensioning system for convenient adjustments
- Auto oil lubrication with a built-in oil reservoir
- Low kickback bar and chain for safety protection
- Comes with a 3-year warranty
- Lower power capability – not suitable for large logs or dense wood
- Not the quietest electric chainsaw available on the market
- Potentially slow cutting speed compared to gas models
Things to Consider Before Choosing the Best Chainsaw Under 100
There are several crucial aspects to take into account while selecting the best chainsaw under $100. Before selecting a choice, consider the following five important considerations:
Type of Chainsaw
Think about the chainsaw type that best meets your requirements. Electric chainsaws are best for little to medium-sized cutting operations because they are often lighter, more economical, and require less maintenance. On the other hand, gas-powered chainsaws have higher power and are more appropriate for heavy-duty or professional use.
The size of the branches or logs the chainsaw can handle depends on the bar length. Larger items can be cut with longer bars, whereas shorter bars are more maneuverable in small places. To select the proper bar length, consider the kinds of cutting operations you’ll be doing.
Check the chainsaw’s safety features to ensure it has everything you need to keep yourself and others safe. Be on the lookout for features like a safety throttle lock to avoid unintentional starting, a chain brake to halt the chain in case of a kickback, and a handguard to safeguard your hands.
Take into account the chainsaw’s maintenance needs. Electric chains often require less maintenance, such as oiling the chain, than gas-powered chainsaws. Verify that the chain tensioner and other components are accessible for regular maintenance on the chainsaw.
The tool’s weight can significantly affect user comfort and fatigue when using a chainsaw for an extended period. Choosing a light and balanced chainsaw will make it easier to handle and maneuver. When assessing the weight of the chainsaw, consider your physical fitness and the time required for your cutting duties.
You may make an informed selection and select the best chainsaw under $100 that meets your unique needs and preferences by taking these aspects into account: the type of chainsaw, bar length, safety features, maintenance demands, and weight.
Are cheap chainsaws dependable and robust?
If you pick the appropriate model, chainsaws under $100 can be dependable and long-lasting. Although they might not have all the high-tech features of more expensive chainsaws, there are inexpensive choices that deliver reliable performance and durability. It’s crucial to research and choose a chainsaw from reputed manufacturers with good customer feedback and ratings.
Can chainsaws priced under $100 be used for demanding cutting tasks?
Generally speaking, light to medium-duty cutting operations are better suited for chainsaws priced under $100. They might have trouble with demanding tasks or extended use. To ensure your chainsaw can handle your jobs, it’s crucial to evaluate your unique cutting requirements and select one with the right bar length and power rating.
Are $100 electric chainsaws as powerful as ones that run on gas?
Generally speaking, gas-powered chainsaws are more powerful than electric chainsaws under $100. They still provide sufficient cutting power for little to medium-sized projects, though. Electric chainsaws are lighter, easier to maintain, and quieter than gas-powered ones. Consider your precise cutting needs while weighing power needs against other aspects like comfort and ease of usage.
How long does a cordless chainsaw’s battery last when it costs less than $100?
Depending on the manufacturer and type, cordless chainsaws under $100 may or may not have a variable battery life. Typically, battery runtimes should be between 20 and 60 minutes. When selecting a cordless chainsaw, it’s critical to consider the battery capacity and recharging time. Your cutting time can be increased by purchasing extra batteries or selecting models with extended battery lives.
Do inexpensive chainsaws priced under $100 have safety features?
Yes, many reasonably priced chainsaws under $100 have simple safety measures. A handguard for hand protection, a chain brake to halt the chain in the event of kickback, and a safety throttle lock to avoid unintentional starting are some examples. Regardless of the price range, it is always advised to put safety first and wear the appropriate protective gear when using any chainsaw.
In conclusion, the inexpensive choices accessible in 2024 will make locating the best chainsaw under $100 feasible. These chainsaws have been tested and confirmed to produce dependable performance and value for money, even though they might not have all the bells and whistles of more expensive versions. There are inexpensive options to fit your particular needs, whether you need a cordless alternative for portability, a petrol chainsaw for extra power, or an electric one for simplicity.
Before selecting a choice, it’s crucial to consider elements including the chainsaw’s kind, bar length, safety features, upkeep needs, and weight. You may confidently make an investment in a chainsaw that will complete your cutting activities without breaking the bank by carefully weighing these variables and selecting a reputed brand. Therefore, arm yourself with one of these top chainsaws under $100 and prepare to take on your outdoor undertakings while considering price and efficiency.
Michael Boyle is the founder and main author of Chainsaws Finder, boasting over 20 years of experience in the chainsaw industry. Hailing from Texas, Michael combines his extensive knowledge and hands-on expertise to provide reliable advice and top-notch service. His vision is to empower chainsaw users to tackle any project with confidence, making Chainsaws Finder a trusted resource in the field.